Director of Special Needs Ministry
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, United States
- Are you someone with a deep faith in Christ and a passion for seeing the church include people of all abilities?
- Do you understand and appreciate the joys and challenges experienced by individuals with special needs and their families?
- Does the mission to Love God, Share Christ, and Serve the World motivate you?
If so, we would like to hear from you. EBIC (Elizabethtown Brethren in Christ (BIC) Church) seeks a compassionate, relational leader for this new ministry position.
About the Ministry
Our EBIC Kidz and Youth Ministries have a growing ministry to students with special needs and their families. While our ministry directors in these areas have done excellent work in serving these students and families, we desire to enhance our care, outreach, and discipleship for individuals of all ages affected by disabilities. Our current focus is continuing to include these individuals in our present ministries, with a future vision for new ministries that will uniquely support and empower them.
Who Should Apply?
Some key characteristics of the successful candidate will be that they:
- Have a degree in special education and/or experience in ministry to people with disabilities, with a desire for continual learning.
- Have a “doing ministry through others” approach that focuses on mobilizing and equipping volunteers to serve and lead.
- Value the goals of staff/ministry leaders while desiring to winsomely advocate for individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Work well with others and process ideas and suggestions in positive ways.
- Affirm the core values of the BIC Church.
How to ApplyAbout the Position The Director of Special Needs Ministry is a part-time position (8-10 hours per week) with a flexible schedule that will naturally complement other part-time employment and/or family responsibilities. To apply Please forward a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Email Subject Line: Special Needs Ministry Director Search Some candidates who apply will be asked for further information. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.