The Production Director is responsible for: researching, planning, managing and directing news and local programming.
- Plans and develops local news program live production, Coordinates technical staff and switches all sources and cameras for live and recorded newscasts and all station productions.
- Interprets newsroom computer system commands and delivers technically clean productions
- Designs and implements strategy to maintain on air look of programming. May serve as audio and lighting specialist
- Post-production: edits and injests newsbriefs and other local content; completes related paperwork such as clearances
- Provides training and direction to the production staff
- Assist in repair and upkeep of studio and production sets and properties
- Participate in the design of video graphics, titles, music, and creative look of shows; makes editorial decisions regarding assembly of information, illustrations, and content
- Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- BA or BS degree in Communications or Mass Communications with an emphasis on Television Production or related experience
- *Related experience will be evaluated by Company management and may be substituted based on one years of experience equals one year of education
- Minimum of two years of television directing experience preferred
- Knowledge of ENPS newsroom content application and experience with Ross Vision Switchers or similar preferred.
- Working knowledge of television production techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to plan work schedules and assign duties; ability to provide or arrange for training
- Creative decision-making skills
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Knowledge of professional audio/video and staging techniques, facilities, and equipment
- Knowledge of professional audio and/ file editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards
- Ability to formulate broadcast programming concepts and to plan, develop, and implement live and/or pre-recorded television programs
- Knowledge of television graphic design methods and techniques
- Knowledge of television production set design principles and techniques
- Knowledge of television programming concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Production Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
How to ApplyPlease visit the job posting on Nexstar Broadcasting's Career Page.