Direct Support Professional
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
The primary role of the Direct Support Professional (DSP) is to assist individuals acquire and maintain skills to improve their daily-living, domestic, adaptive, and socialization skills. Responsibilities will vary from case to case but may include:
* Supporting individuals learn, maintain, or improve skills through their participation in various daily living activities
* Engage in activities with the individuals to allow them to live in the community, to live more independently, or to be more productive and participatory in community life
* Complete and submit accurate daily progress notes for each shift worked
* Maintain annual 24 hour training requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Must be compassionate and willing to care for the well-being of others
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
* Willing to comply with required policies, standards, and regulations
* Must have a valid driver’s license and existing insurance
* Must be willing and able to complete given background checks
* Must be able to complete and pass a driving history check
* Must be willing to drive individuals in personal car throughout the community
* Must have flexible availability
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Establish a relationship with one of the nation’s largest referral agencies for behavioral-health.
* Payments processed weekly.
* Increase or decrease your schedule at your discretion: choose opportunities that best fit your schedule.
* Ability to grow professionally.
* Access to a broad array of client opportunities.
Kaleidoscope Family Solutions, Inc. provides community and home based services to persons with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our team partners with family members and existing providers to create individualized goals allowing the team to help improve their life experiences.
How to ApplyContact our recruiter! Andrea Hostetter email@example.com 717-459-4550