Digital Executive Producer
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
The way our viewers consume abc27’s content is changing rapidly. People no longer want to just watch the news on TV. Folks in Central PA are hungry for content on other devices like tablets, phones, and computers. How do we creatively deliver it? If you can answer that question, we have just the job for you! abc27 has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Executive Producer. The ideal candidate is both a newsroom leader and a visionary for where technology and the media world is going. You should understand how platforms like WordPress, Lakana, Facebook, Twitter, Social News Desk, and Crowdtangle work and you should be able to analyze data from Google Analytics and ChartBeat. Newsroom management experience is preferred, but not required. If you have what it takes to lead Central PA’s #1 Digital News Team to a new frontier please apply now. EOE.
The Digital Content Executive Producer creates multimedia stories for online news platforms, associated social media, and for television. The ideal candidate would be able to assist with video editing, videography, web posting, and fill in as broadcast news producer when needed.
- Own content display across desktop and mobile
- Available to be on call to cover major events 24 hours a day – responding to breaking news during off-hours
- Work irregular/odd hours and be available to work weekends and holidays
- Manage a staff of about 10 people including scheduling, vacation requests, and personnel issues
- Work cohesively with news, promotions and sales departments
- Meet all assigned production deadlines
- Execute and manage social media strategy
- Using web metrics to think & communicate strategically about developing the sites’ audiences and the online capacities of newsroom staff
- Have complete understanding of the content management systems, web technologies and be comfortable learning new software
- Be responsible for building new content sections on the fly for breaking news
- Be a leader in the newsroom
- Be a fixture in the morning and afternoon editorial
- Contribute content to relevant events and/or stories as needed
- Assist with special project/sweeps planning & execution
- Think strategically about developing the sites’ audiences and online capacities of newsroom
- Help develop new opportunities to expand news brand and services to new & emerging technologies
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
Requirements & Skills
- Degree in media arts, communications, broadcast journalism, film/television production or another related field preferred
- Strong knowledge of how content management systems work (HTML, CSS, XML and PHP/SQL), and be able to write thorough stories with compelling headlines
- Experienced with web-publishing tools and versed with competitive sites and systems
- Clear editorial judgment
- Strong writing, communication, and people skills
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Digital Content Executive Producer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 171 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more atwww.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please visit our corporate website below. https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com/jobs/5541/executive-producer%2c-digital-content/job