Day Camp Counselor/Speaker
Classification: Temporary- up to 6 weeks (June 7-July 20, 2018) – Salaried
This position will oversee the chapel speaking for Day Camp during summer camp programming. This is a mission experience that contributes to the fulfillment of the objectives of the program ministry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with volunteers and Junior Staff to lead a group of campers through the Day Camp schedule each day.
- Responsible for preparing for and planning the speaking time of chapel each day.
- Utilize the Weekly Theme Grid created by the Program Committee.
- Coordinate with the Day Camp Worship Leader to create an excellent chapel experience.
Other Job Duties:
- Program: following the closing of Day Camp each day, counselors will assist in the running of activities for Overnight Camp programming.
- As a member of the staff, you will assist with weekly preparation of the camp for the next group of volunteers and campers.
- Be available and willing to run/participate in other camp programs
You will be able to work with other Day Camp Counselors and volunteers to accomplish the goals of Day Camp. Communication and coordination with the Worship, Media & Tech leader will be critical. The Day Camp Coordinator will oversee this role and communication with her will be important.
Powerpoint, sound, supplies needed for visual illustrations.
Candidate must be at least 18 years old in order to be trained to operate some equipment.
Candidate should have the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities that pertain to the position.
Candidate should have and be able to communicate a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Candidate must be able to honor the Camp Conquest Statement of Faith and Core Values.
Knowledge of planning lessons and some speaking experience preferred.
How to ApplyVisit our Summer Employment page and fill out the Interest Form. Contact Steve Weaver at email@example.com with questions. Internships are available.