Day Camp Counselor/Activity Leader
Classification: Temporary- up to 6 weeks (June 7-July 20, 2018) – Salaried
This position will oversee any activities for Day Camp during summer camp programming. This is a mission experience that contributes to the fulfillment of the objectives of the program ministry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with volunteers and Junior Staff to lead a group of campers through the Day Camp schedule each day.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and running large group games for campers and staff.
- Lead activities for Day Camp groups during the afternoon activity rotation.
- Plan and lead any games for group gatherings such as the daily opening and closing.
Other Job Duties:
- Program: following the closing of Day Camp each day, counselors will assist in the running of activities for Overnight Camp programming.
- As a member of the staff, you will assist with weekly preparation of the camp for the next group of volunteers and campers.
- Be available and willing to run/participate in other camp programs
You will be able to work with other Day Camp Counselors and volunteers to accomplish the goals of Day Camp. Communication and coordination with the Activity Instructors assisting Day Camp will be critical. The Day Camp Coordinator will oversee this role and communication with him/her will be important.
Sports equipment, game supplies, activity equipment.
Candidate must be at least 18 years old in order to be trained to operate some equipment.
Candidate should have the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities that pertain to the position.
Candidate should have and be able to communicate a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Candidate must be able to honor the Camp Conquest Statement of Faith and Core Values.
Some knowledge of leading sports and games.
How to ApplyVisit our Summer Employment page and fill out the Interest Form. Contact Steve Weaver at email@example.com with questions. Internships are available.