Creative Services Director
WHTM-TV (abc27) is seeking an innovative and imaginative Creative Services Director to join our team. The successful Creative Services Director will be able to provide leadership and expertise to the Creative Services Team, grow our local abc27 brand across a multitude of platforms, and work with all other departments. Candidates must be able to write, shoot, produce, and edit on-air spots, assist with the production of special programming, coordinate and produce all station promotions and sponsorships.
The CSD is a multiple responsibility position that integrates and works with our News, Sales, Production, and Admin teams as well as current and future clients. A minimum of 3-to-5 years of television experience in writing, producing, shooting, and editing is essential, and good management skills and interpersonal skills are a must. If you are on top of online, mobile, and social media platforms, we want to talk to you. Please include a link to your work in your resume.
- Manages all aspects of the Creative Services Department
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluating, and developing co-workers
- Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Creative Department.
- Works with the News Director daily to identify and produce best topical opportunities
- Works with Sales Department commercial production team on production, writing, editing, and shooting of spots
- Develops and executes promotions strategies to enhance station competitiveness
- Participate in writing, editing, and shooting videos for commercial and promotion efforts
- Develop and implement effective promotions and special projects, contests, and sweepstakes including review of all rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned including the creation of graphic elements for newscasts, promotions, web and social media
- Manages and leads the department to create new and profitable events
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Resolves customer complaints regarding promotions
- Creates and reviews operational records and reports to assess the efficacy of promotions
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication and scheduling skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Ability to establish long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Proficiency in working with video recording and editing equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand a client’s needs and communicate with a team to shape a solution
- Availability after hours, including weekends, specifically for station events/promotions
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Creative Services Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Creative Services Director position requires an ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays, as necessary. They must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the largest TV station operator in the country. With the reach of 169 television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.9% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation. Nexstar Media Group Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
How to ApplyPlease visit https://www.nexstar.tv/careers/ to apply for this open position.