Ronks, Pennsylvania, United States
Cooks prepare and/or direct the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. Ensure appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing or directing preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems
- Determining amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems; ensuring availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation; serving or ensuring proper serving of food for tray line or dining room
- Complying with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards; observing proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Storing food properly and safely by marking dates and items
- Reporting necessary equipment repair and maintenance
- Correctly preparing all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders; portioning food for serving
- Planning food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved
- Maintaining daily production records
- Keeping work area neat and clean at all times; cleaning and maintaining equipment used in food preparation
- Completing food temperature checks before service
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
How to ApplyPlease complete our online application at www.JobsThatFitMyLife.com. We guarantee a speedy application process!