Community Life Associate (Women’s Centers)
The Bowery Mission is a holistic, Christian faith-based organization dedicated to serving people who are experiencing homelessness. The Bowery Mission’s Community Life program represents all residential programming for men and women, including emergency and short-term shelters, long-term residences and transitional housing.
The Community Life Associate is part of our Women’s Center team that creates a safe and positive environment to equip women for independent living. The Associate takes a relational approach in supporting clients in day-to-day schedules and goals.
Responsibilities include: Welcoming residents and volunteers, orienting new residents to community life guidelines, modeling and coaching independent living skills, promoting healthy communication, overseeing schedules, ensuring safety by conducting hourly rounds and scheduled fire drills, submitting timely progress and incident reports, and working collaboratively with the Community Life and Shared Services teams.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Community Life
- Understands the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Highly relational with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow protocol and provide accountability
- Growing understanding and application of trauma-informed care
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Computer & email proficiency
- Certified in Fire Safety (F-80 or F-02)
- Certified in CPR
- Valid driver’s license
- Certified in NCI – Non Crisis Intervention
How to ApplyTo Apply: https://bowery.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=67