Community Life Associate (Men’s Center)
The Bowery Mission is a holistic, Christian faith-based organization dedicated to serving people who are experiencing homelessness. The Community Life team oversees all residential programming, including emergency and short-term shelters, long-term residences and transitional housing.
The Community Life Associate helps to create a safe and positive environment that equips men for independent living. A relational approach in supporting clients in day-to-day schedules and goals is essential to success.
Responsibilities include: Welcoming and orienting residents and volunteers, modeling and coaching independent living skills, promoting healthy communication, overseeing schedules, ensuring safety by conducting hourly rounds and scheduled fire drills, submitting timely progress and incident reports, and working collaboratively with Community Life and Shared Services teams.
There are two scheduling options for this position (below). Applicants will have the opportunity to indicate their preferences and availability in the online application.
- 7:00am – 3:30pm shift on Saturday and Sunday, followed by 3 additional shifts scheduled Monday – Friday that will vary on a weekly basis
- 2:30pm – 11:00pm shift, Tuesday – Sunday
Reports to: Associate Director, Community Life
- Embraces the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Highly relational with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow protocol and provide accountability
- Growing understanding and application of trauma-informed care
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Proven with email communications
- Basic computer proficiency
- Certified in Fire Safety (F-80 or F-02)
- Certified in CPR
- Valid driver’s license
- Certified in NCI – Non Crisis Intervention
How to ApplyTo apply: https://bowery.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=85