COMMUNICATIONS INTERN – Summer 2020
Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
Today’s communication practitioner must possess diverse skills and varied experience to achieve success.
As a Communications intern you will gain exposure to learn about traditional press, social media, influencer relations, as well as internal/employee, crisis and executive communications through a variety of mediums.
This internship will afford the hired candidate the opportunity to work across many areas of HE&R including the Hershey Resorts, Entertainment Complex, Jobs Brand and more.
- This position is located within the Communications team at the Press Building in Hershey PA.
- Internship is available for 40 hours per week.
- Housing is not being offered for this internship.
- Applications will be accepted until January 9th, 2020.
- The selection process for this internship utilizes a video interview component to prescreen applicants.
- If selected for a video interview, you will receive correspondence to the email address attached to your application.
Best. Perks. Ever.:
- Free Admission to Hersheypark
- Free Parking to all Hersheypark & Giant Center Events
- Sweet Discounts across town
- Employee Appreciation Events
- And more!
- Develop written materials including, but not limited to, press releases, media pitches, social media posts, articles for Stories.HersheyPA.com, etc.
- Research media outlets and reporters, influencers, vendors, etc., as needed, and create new/updated media lists.
- Support the creation of social media content (posts, images, and graphics) across multiple channels with guidance from team members.
- Assist with the organization and execution of special events and select media opportunities.
- Monitor and research industry trends, competitors, etc., as needed.
- Support Communications team members with development of media itineraries, coverage reports and more.
- Assist with traditional media reporting and tracking.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and, as appropriate, training opportunities.
- Attend media events, as needed, and represent HE&R along with the rest of the Communications team.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be a Junior or Senior in undergraduate education majoring in Communications/Journalism, English, Public Relations or related field of study.
- Please note: We are not accepting May 2020 Graduating Seniors.
- Must understand and know how to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest with an enthusiasm for social media and emerging platforms.
- Must show interest and demonstrate strong skills in writing, speaking, and researching.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to multitask.
- Passionate about travel, hospitality and learning about Communications practices.
- Must have a general understanding of Hershey, PA and Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week from mid-May through mid-August (max of 17 weeks total).
- Physical requirements include standing, lifting up to 35 lbs., sitting, walking and communicating.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Applyhttps://www.hersheyjobs.com/jobs/details.php?req=16072