Communications, Fundraising & Development Intern
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
CWS- Lancaster serves the refugee and immigrant communities of Central Pennsylvania. Through hard work and a long-term commitment of support, people who once had no hope are discovering the means of transforming their lives. We work hand-in-hand with caring churches, organizations and individuals to provide help and homes to refugees, and work to build a hospitable community in the United States for uprooted people so that they can fashion a better future.
Position: Communications, Fundraising & Development Intern
Reports to: Development & Communications Coordinator
Hours and Length: 10-15 hours/week for one or more semesters, or 10-12 weeks per summer term
Basic Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist in ongoing development and management of the CWS-Lancaster social media strategy and programs
- Assist with the research and writing of stories, collection of photos and video for use in social media, electronic and print communication channels, including interviews with refugee and immigrant clients, staff, employers, volunteers and supporters.
- Assist in planning CWS/Lancaster events including: the annual breakfast (in March/April), World Refugee Day celebration (June), and the benefit dinner (in October/November)
- Assist in liaison with the local newspapers, radio and TV stations
- Assist in donor and sponsorship relationship management
- Communications, Business, Nonprofit Management, International Studies, or related majors
- Senior undergraduate students
- Outgoing, enthusiastic personality; comfortable working with diverse populations
- Experience with social media and electronic communication channels
- Communication, writing, photography and video experience and skills
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Cultural competency and a strong desire to work in a cross-cultural environment
How to ApplyApplying Instructions: To apply, please complete an internship application and send it with your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the position title in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.