Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
We are hiring City Hosts for Spring & Summer 2020 in all 9 of our cities – Chicago, Washington, DC, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York City, Philadelphia, and the San Francisco Bay Area!
What is a City Host?
A City Host helps to bridge the gap between the groups that come to serve and local ministries that need volunteer help. City Host’s responsibilities include:
– orienting them to the city and CSM rules and guidelines
– framing each ministry site and activity
– guiding them to each site and restaurant; and
– leading evening discussions/debriefs
In winter and spring, groups usually come for 1 to 2 days (weekends), during spring break and summer, they stay about 6 days. You’re assigned to a group and then help them during the whole trip. When groups aren’t in, you’ll help with special projects and volunteer with our community partner organizations.
Why be a City Host?
Through your season of serving you will:
– Learn from and serve with grassroots organizations and indigenous leaders
– Grow in depth of knowledge of social justice issues
– Be a bridge between groups and the city
– Gain experience working with youth
– Receive mentorship, training and care from full time City Staff
– Live and work in a diverse city
– And eat foods from locally owned international restaurants!
The season for Spring City Hosts begins mid-February and extend through mid-April.
The season for Summer City Hosts begins mid-May and extends through mid-August.
– We are a faith based organization, so we are all grounded in a love for Jesus.
– Excellent people and leadership skills
– Desire to be a servant and learner
– Flexible & energetic
– One year of college or post-high school experience, preferred.
– First Aid and CPR certification (you can get this after you’re hired)
What CSM Provides
– Housing (usually where the groups stay)
– Food (most of it)
– Training & mentorship by our full-time staff. Training occurs for 2 weeks at the start of the season. Supplemental seminars occur every Friday afternoon.
– For more information regarding the internship, please visit csm.org/jobs.
– To apply, please submit an application at csm.hyrell.com.
– If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or at 267-928-2620
Short-Term Mission; Long-Term Impact
CSM serves 9 cities across the United States by providing service-learning trips for students and adults. We are serving in Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, DC.
To provide an effective urban ministry experience that transforms lives, influences churches and communities, and honors Christ.
We envision an urban missions movement: a generation of God’s people equipped to lead, compelled to serve, and committed for a lifetime to the often-forgotten in their communities.
WHAT WE DO
We help you experience a city. Living firsthand among the sights, sounds, smells, and textures of urban life is an irreplaceable experience. Our housing options are located in the heart of their respective city, providing you with the opportunity to eat at local ethnic restaurants and discover the delights of Salvadorian, Middle Eastern, Filipino, African–American, and other cuisine.
We help you learn a city. There are unique issues and problems that each city faces. There are also unique and incredible things God is doing to foster and further His Kingdom in each city, through the indigenous organizations that operate on the front lines of urban ministry. You’ll learn what city dwellers face, and how to overcome challenging circumstances.
We help you help a city. At CSM, you become part of the solution for a city. By offering your time, energy, and prayers, ministry sites are supported and built up to their full potential of service. You will be integrated into a variety of hands-on ministry opportunities to ensure that your time is spent supplying substantive help to God’s people in the city.
For more information, check out our website, csm.org. To see where our groups are serving today, check out our Instagram at instagram.com/servewithcsm/.
How to ApplyApplication Process 1. Complete an application for the city you wish to serve in through Hyrell (csm.hyrell.com) 2. Applicant will receive an acknowledgement once an application moves to the review period (usually within 1 business day of applying). 3. Applicants who appear to fit the position based on the virtual interview will be contacted to set up a video interview. 4. If after the video interview our City Staff would like to move forward with the applicant, they will request that the applicant complete a pre-employment assessment and second video interview. 5. Following the second interview, the applicant will be notified of the City Staff's final decision.