Children’s Ministry Director
NMBC Children’s Ministry Director
Description: NMBC is a gospel-centered church that is missionally minded, committed to exalting Jesus Christ in worship, making disciples, caring for families, loving our community and one another.
We are a non-denominational, multigenerational congregation located in Middletown, New Jersey, a suburb of New York City with an approximate average Sunday morning worship service attendance of 250. Routinely, Middletown is listed as one of the safest towns in America and best places to raise a family.
Objective: The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible to align children’s ministries with the mission, vision, and core values of NMBC.
Relationships: The Children’s Ministry Director shall be accountable to the elders and pastoral staff, but will report to their immediate supervisor, the Family Ministries Pastor.
- The ideal candidate maintains personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
- This person must have a mature committed devotion to their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, by living an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies of a church leader exercising wisdom, discernment, and sound judgment.
- Must be in full agreement with the NMBC Doctrinal Statement.
- Must be able to pass child sexual abuse and police record background checks.
- The position requires a servant leader who is able to motivate, gain the respect of, and effectively lead his or her team of volunteers, parents, children, and the overall church body.
- The Children’s Ministry Director at NMBC must be a team player that possesses humility, gentleness, a teachable spirit, and a desire to grow personally in their own relationship with Jesus.
- This person must be an excited and contributing member of the NMBC staff, a self-starter that is involved in the overall life of the church body. This includes: actively participating in worship, community groups, and all other church-wide events and functions with his or her family.
- Has strong leadership and administrative skills, with the ability to organize and execute comprehensive Children’s Ministry.
- A good communicator who is proficient in recruiting, training, and mobilizing volunteers.
- A relational person who is outgoing, approachable, and is deeply passionate about children and families knowing and growing in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- An engaging teacher who is equipped to teach children the Bible effectively and partner with parents in the spiritual maturation of their children.
- A strategic thinker who is able to organize and execute events that engage children and families with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Maintains proficient technological skills, with the ability to learn new software and/or applications.
- Oversee, plan, and execute Sunday morning children’s program ages infant through 5th
- Establish and oversee a weeknight children’s ministry program for children K-5.
- Provide and implement gospel centered curriculum to gymnastics outreach of approximately 200 girls that meet on the church campus each week.
- Lead and oversee week long summer VBS program.
- Give direction to children’s ministry staff, leaders, and volunteers by clearly communicating the vision, mission, strategy, and core values on a regular basis.
- Work alongside the Family Ministries Pastor by choosing and implementing a comprehensive curriculum plan that teaches children (infant through 5th grade) basic biblical truths about God, laying a firm foundation for those children to accept Christ as their savior.
- Support the biblical mandate that parents have the primary responsibility to evangelize and disciple their children by providing resources and guidance for parents.
- Welcome visiting families and process their information in an organized and timely manner.
- Participate weekly in staff meetings and other church-wide events as requested.
- Prepare and submit an annual plan and ministry budget for approval.
- Manage data entry and management of families in the church database.
- Ensure all children’s ministry volunteers are background checked and in compliance with NMBC’S child protection policy.
- Communicate with parents and guardians using church resources (Website, Church App, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and personal methods of communication (cell phone, email, texting, conference calls).
- Coordinate the ordering, evaluation, and implementation of the Children’s Ministry curriculum.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment for all children.
- Offer teacher support and training on a regular basis (teaching, skills, policies, and procedures).
- Review and follow all church and ministry policies and procedures (child to adult ratios, background checks, emergency plans, etc.).
This a full-time salaried position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to ApplyPlease email your resume, testimony, and philosophy of children’s ministry to email@example.com