Children’s Ministry Coordinator
York, Pennsylvania, United States
Reports to: Senior Pastor or Assisting Pastor
Status: Part-time, salaried
Roles: Work as essential component of ministry team to ensure the spiritual development of children.
Responsibilities: The Children’s ministry coordinator serves on the ministry team under the direction of the Senior Pastor or the Assisting Pastor. This is a paid position. The children’s ministry coordinator ensures that childcare, ongoing Christian education for children through 5th grade, and special events and programs for children are offered on an ongoing basis as part of the intention faith development of children. Job duties include the following:
· CHRISTIAN EDUCATION AND DISCIPLESHIP FOR CHILDREN: Oversee age appropriate education and learning opportunities for children ages two to 5th grade throughout worship, during Sunday school times, and through special events so that children are educated in how the Bible applies to their lives, so they can grow in their faith.
· VOLUNTEER COORDINATION: Recruit, equip, train, schedule and support volunteers in children’s ministry.
o Childcare is to be arranged during worship services, Sunday School times, and for specified special events.
o Sunday school teachers are to be scheduled to teach curriculum. Volunteers also need to be secured and trained for special events.
· SPECIAL EVENTS/PROGRAMMING: Facilitate annual and seasonal special opportunities for children and/or families with children. Examples typically include but are not limited to Vacation Bible School in the summer, Christmas Pageant during the Christmas season, and an Easter activity such as a pancake breakfast. Other event programming in conjunction with other church ministries as opportunities arise.
· SUPPORT OF CHURCH MINISTRY: Support of pastors and ministry team by coordinating the presentation a children’s message during worship, special music provided by the children, and by leading a team that is welcoming to newcomers and is outwardly focused regarding the ministry of the church to bridge into the community.
· COMMUNICATIONS: In coordination with the communications coordinator, the children’s ministry coordinator is expected to maintain communication with parents to promote the ministry opportunities for children and families at Aldersgate Church.
· BRIDGING: In coordination with the bridging team, the Children’s Ministry Coordinator shall keep the primary focus of ministries under his/her supervision outward (attracting new people) rather than inward (serving only our own members).
· Degree in early childhood education of closely related field preferable.
· Experience in children’s ministry is highly desirable.
· Must be Safe Sanctuaries certified and be willing to follow and enforce the Safe Sanctuaries Policy of Aldersgate UMC. Must adhere to strict confidentiality practices.
· Workplace proficiencies should include basic organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; computer literacy and the ability to use standard office communication tools.
· Must sign the Aldersgate United Methodist Employment Covenant
· Must provide a clean criminal record check and child intervention check (child welfare check)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20,800.00 to $24,800.00 /year
How to ApplySend resume' and cover letter to: email@example.com.