Children’s Ministry Assistant
CHURCH OF THE OPEN DOOR
Children’s Ministry Assistant – Job Description
• An evident heart and love for God and His church
• Membership at Church of the Open Door
• A heart to see our church reach its full potential as we seek to “ignite a passion for God” in children and families
• The ability to teach children and lead all manner of children’s programs
• The ability to recruit, manage and encourage volunteers
• The ability to understand and implement curricula
• The ability to interact with parents and extended families
• The ability to use technology and web-based data management systems
• Prior experience in education and/or church related children’s ministry preferred
Reports to: Campus Pastor, and Pastor of Next Generation Ministries
Part-time: Up to 15 hours per week.
The Children’s Ministry Assistant will assist with children’s ministry programming, resources, and supplies. This person will oversee child check-in procedures, assist with administrative needs, and act as a liaison for the Pastor of Children & Family Ministries with the families who engage in children’s programming.
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Be present for duration of children’s programing on Sunday and midweek service times.
2. Assist with the recruiting and scheduling of volunteer teaching staff sufficient for program needs.
3. Recruit and schedule volunteer check-in staff sufficient for program needs.
4. Organize and disseminate curricula and supplies.
5. Reserve rooms and resources as needed.
6. Update and maintain database for campus children’s ministry and check-in.
7. Coordinate with Guest Services and Pastor of Children & Family Ministries regarding welcome procedures and new visitor follow-up.
8. Implement Children & Family Ministries policies and procedures.
9. Teach/lead children’s programs as needed.
10. Attend regularly scheduled department and campus staff meetings.
11. Other duties as assigned.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume by mail to: Church of the Open Door 8 Carlisle Court York, PA 17408 or through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: or Subject: Children's Ministry Assistant Position