Bernville, Pennsylvania, United States
We’re looking for a pastor to lead our church’s efforts to minister to our children in our church and the broader community. The ideal candidate will have significant experience ministering to children and parents, as well as experience managing volunteers. The role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds.
- Oversee all programming for children throughout the church.
- Establish and maintain security system that protects children in our care.
- Plan and oversee or be involved in special events related to children and families, including VBS, holiday programs, etc.
- In consultation with other church leaders, define a vision for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision. Develop a plan to achieve that vision.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers.
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about the accomplishment of the children’s ministry, i.e. Consistory report.
- Maintain the integrity of the children’s Bible teaching time by ensuring the instruction is consistent with church’s doctrinal convictions.
- Manage all children’s ministry staff that work with children from infancy to sixth grade.
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in the senior pastor’s absence.
- Explore emerging technologies that help engage more volunteers in the ministry of the church.
- In consultation with other children’s ministry leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Review all curriculum used by the children’s ministry and ensure they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed and conveyed by the senior pastor.
- Participate in staff meetings and retreats.
- A bachelor’s degree in Christian education or Children’s ministry is preferred but not necessary.
- Established experience in full-time or part-time ministry with children.
- A passion for children to know and be more like Jesus.
- A personal, growing faith, reflected in one’s own Bible study, devotions, and worship.
- Ability to pass local, state, and federal background checks.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement and mission of the church.
- A strong sense of calling and unction to minister to children.
- A lifestyle in keeping with the character requirements of 1 Timothy 3.
Salary is budgeted for $12,000/yr, approximately 15-16 hours per week.
How to ApplyPlease apply to firstname.lastname@example.org Rev. Dr. Daniel Lute, Senior Pastor