Chief Operations Officer
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Global Disciples at a Glance
As Global Disciples, our vision is to see every person have an opportunity to choose and follow Jesus Christ. We believe this will be accomplished as the global Body of Christ works together. We focus on training leaders to multiply and equip disciple-makers among least-reached people.
We seek a godly, prayer-fueled, mission-focused, Spirit-led leader who embraces this vision and can strategically shape future growth while managing operations and moving our culturally-diverse international team forward to accomplish our mission.
In many places, the Body of Christ—as the local church—has the vision to reach the least-reached. They often have access, living near least-reached people groups and sharing common or related languages, cultures, socio-economic status, etc. These churches also have the primary resource for outreach—their own people.
Global Disciples comes alongside to help the local church mobilize its people. We train ordinary men and women, young and old, to share the Gospel, make disciples, and plant churches among least-reached people.
It starts when a group of cooperating churches chooses a person to lead the training. Global Disciples then trains this director with a proven, effective model that will equip others in discipleship, small business, or leadership. When all three trainings work together, we see the most significant and lasting multiplication.
Currently, Global Disciples partners with over 1,335* church organizations, fellowships, or denominations in 57 countries, to provide training which enables them to equip and send out their own mission workers to multiply Christ-like believers and plant new, locally-sustainable fellowships and churches.
Our global nature is also reflected in the 30-plus nationalities represented in our facilitators, trainers, and support staff in the US, Canada, and 28 more nations.
In November 1995, leaders from several discipleship and mission training programs met to consider the need expressed by churches worldwide to provide discipleship-mission training for their own young people. As the Holy Spirit moved through confession, brokenness and prayer, God birthed Global Disciples and the initial training model now known as Global Disciple Training (GDT). Global has since added training for trainers in Small Business Development (SBD) and Leadership Development (LEAD).
The Chief Operations Officer is responsible for implementing strategies defined by the CEO and Executive Team, while fostering an organizational culture that reflects Global Disciples’ vision, mission, core values, and guiding principles.
- Serve on the Executive Team, representing Partner Relations, Communications, and Leadership Development.
- Collaborate with the CEO, Executive Team, US Foundation, and Global Board to set and achieve strategic goals and priorities.
- Articulate the Global Disciples vision, strategic goals, and priorities as the staff leader internally, and among existing and potential partners externally in ways that engage and motivate.
- Supervise the VP of Communications ensuring alignment with Global Disciples’ mission and priorities.
- Supervise the VP of Partner Relations to see funding goals are met and personally engage in fundraising activities to promote ongoing multiplication.
- Supervise and work with the VP of Global Leadership to implement and further develop a leadership training strategy that produces ‘ideal team players’ who honor God in life and leadership.
- Coordinate and monitor organization-wide systems and procedures for reporting and assessment.
- Promote Global with speaking engagements and nurturing relationships with donors.
- Be available to travel for leadership development, assist in quality control of training activities, and participate in Annual Equipping Events and X-222 (our international staff gatherings).
Requirements & Desired Characteristics
- A seasoned leader who is a passionate, whole-hearted global disciple of Jesus Christ.
- A leader who is competent in areas of responsibility, and reflects our core values
- Strong identification with and commitment to the vision and mission of Global Disciples.
- Experience and proficiency as a leadership trainer and mentor.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven management skills.
- International experience relating with leaders from a variety of cultures and socio-economic levels.
- Interest and availability to travel in the US and to the places our team members serve globally.
- A lifetime learner and student of cultures and global mission, preferably with a master’s degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and with a general awareness of computer/digital technologies.
The Search Process
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will receive an initial telephone contact from the US Human Resources Manager.
Following the initial telephone conversation, viable candidates will be invited to participate in a series of face-to-face interviews with Executive Team members and select Board members. Candidates in the final stages of the interview process will be required to participate in several personality assessments.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.