Challenge Activities/Aquatics Instructor
Classification: Temporary- up to 6 weeks (June 7-July 20, 2019) – Salaried
This position will oversee the activities, programs, and Learning Centers of the challenge/sports and swimming (pool, waterslide, & pond) activity areas. This is a mission experience that contributes to the fulfillment of the objectives of the program ministry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain procedures for safe operation of each individual challenge activity.
- Create and maintain a usage log for all elements, supplies, equipment, and tools.
- Outline lesson plans to teach Learning Centers that meet Camp Conquest ministry and safety guidelines as well as ACA standards.
- Organize and manage the sports shed as well as maintain all equipment in good/safe working order.
- Clearly communicate and enforce rules during pool and waterfront activities.
- Supervise and train other lifeguards in maintaining a safe environment in the swimming areas.
- Monitor the condition of the pool, waterslide, pond, and water cleanliness.
- Assist program with water activities including lifeguard coverage.
Other Job Duties:
- Counselor: you will be a part of an assigned cabin group and will assist the other counselors when you are not engaged in your duties.
- As a member of the staff, you will assist with weekly preparation of the camp for the next group of volunteers and campers.
- Be available and willing to run/participate in other camp programs
You will be able to work with other Activity Instructors to coordinate the use of areas or work together to accomplish your goals. The Support Staff Coordinator will oversee this role and communication with him/her and the Overnight Camp Coordinator will be important.
All equipment related to challenge and sports activities.
Candidate must have current lifeguard certification from a recognized provider (camp is willing to facilitate certification). Lifeguarding experience is preferred.
Candidate should have the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities that pertain to the position.
Candidate should have and be able to communicate a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Candidate must be able to honor the Camp Conquest Statement of Faith and Core Values.
Basic knowledge of common sports rules and strategies.
How to ApplyVisit our Summer Employment page and fill out the Interest Form. Contact Steve Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Internships are available.