Washington, District of Columbia, United States
60% Plan and execute the Mission’s summer camp and fall day camp programs, annually:
- Develop activity plan, schedule and curriculum, including Christian education/discipleship for Mission programs at the camp. Lead implementation.
- Recruit seasonal staff (counselors)
- In partnership with Human Resources, recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate seasonal and year-round staff
- Oversee application and registration process for camp participants
- Direct each camp session.
- Lead, manage all others activities needed for success of the program
30% Business development and community outreach.
- In partnership with others on the Mission’s senior team, lead the creation of a business development, marketing and community outreach plan. Implement the plan.
- Retain existing and generate new revenue partners through facility rentals
- Seek corporate sponsorships and church and civic partnerships
- Schedule and coordinate facility rentals
10% Additional duties
- Ensure property development and maintenance needs are met
- Supervise the full-time groundskeeper
- Represent the Mission at various church and organization events.
- Other projects as assigned by the President/CEO and Family Ministry Senior Director.
- Physical ability to respond to situations requiring first aid
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to camp activities
- Able to stand, stoop, hike, climb for prolonged periods with exposure to heat, sun, animals, and bugs
- Able to lift up to 50lb
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Training and experience in children’s ministry and/or camp leadership
- Skilled in communicating with a variety of age groups. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in business development, church relations and community outreach a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to live year-round in the onsite home provided as part of the compensation package, preferred, but not required. The house is a fully modern, three-bedroom home on a lot adjacent to the camp facility.
- An active member in a local Christian church and agreement with Mission’s Statement of Faith required.
Central Union Mission is a faith-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and the oldest private social service agency in Washington, DC. In addition to its emergency shelter, which provides almost 60,000 bed-nights each year, the Mission operates a holistic, Christ-centered transformation and workforce development program for men, provides benefits for veterans, helps people overcome addictions, operates a food and clothing distribution center which provides food for over 4000 people each month, runs a camp for underprivileged children, and offers a ministry to families and senior citizens. Charity Navigator has rated Central Union Mission as a three start charity, GuideStar awarded Central Union Mission a Gold Seal for our financial transparency and GreatNonProfits has given Central Union Mission a Top-Rated award.
Camp Bennett Christian Ministry Center – Statement of Purpose
The Camp Bennett Christian Ministry Center exists to provide an affordable venue for Christian events, camps, retreats and other activities directly related to Christian ministry and Christian purpose. Camp Bennett also offers local sports teams rental access to our gym and field facilities.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com