Blast Room Operator
Summary and Objective:
This person will need to have a thorough understanding of all the machines and how they best function as well as having a knowledge of what metals can be damaged in certain blast machines. This position requires fully embracing an industrial environment with extreme conditions at times, as well as operating within the values and mission of Paul B. Zimmerman Inc.
- Ability to operate: Conveyor, Tumble, Hand Blast Room Cabinet Blaster & Vibratory tub
- Comprehend and avoid the dangers of blasting light gauge metal, including aluminum and stainless steel
- Actively find the most efficient and safe procedure to blast product
- Safely operate forklift and hoists to move product
- Ask for extra help when needed for safety or efficiency reasons
- Actively embrace the Surface Preparation Standards excepted by the industry (White Blast, Near White, Commercial, Brush)
- Maximizing through-put on blasting machines without jeopardizing quality
- Recognize when a machine is not functioning properly
- Ensure that production maintains the planned schedule (Communicate if changes are needed)
- Fill out paperwork thoroughly and correctly
Characteristics and Competencies:
- Maintain a neat and organized blast room and work space, keeping floor and work space free from shot
- Commitment to safety
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to follow instructions and retain information
Required Education and Experience:
- Related industry experience preferred
Preferred Education and Experience:
- One year of Blasting Experience preferred
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses hand tools, hoists, and forklifts.
This position will consist mostly of working while on your feet. This position will also be operating forklifts and will need to routinely lift 75 +/- pounds
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: standing for extended periods of time; heaving lifting; speaking, listening, and seeing; walking; use eyes, hands, finger, or feet; and reaching with hands and arms, and so forth.
Very little travel during the day can be expected.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential functions and duties may change at any time.
How to ApplyApply Online