Behavioral Specialist Consultant (BSC)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
The Behavior Specialist Consultant (BSC) is an independent contract position and a member of interdisciplinary clinical team in what is known as “wraparound” or Behavioral Health Rehabilitative Services (BHRS).
Behavior Specialist Consultants (BSC) are currently needed throughout Berks, Lancaster & Lebanon County!
- BSCs may work school, after-school or early evening hours depending on County needs.
- Ability to build Full-time case load!
- Electronic paperwork.
- Flexible scheduling for work/life balance!
- Free BCBA supervision hours!
- Write and monitor behavioral treatment plan for children diagnosed with behavioral and mental health disorders. These disorders include, but are not limited to: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD).
- Provide assistance in the development of adaptive skills in order for the diagnosed child to take a more positive role in the school, home & community setting.
- Provide prescribed behavioral consultation to the family and / or school.
- Train the Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) on appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Write Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA).
- Cases are typically authorized 2- 3 hours per week for each client’s family based on medical necessity, and can build a caseload of multiple clients.
Experience / Education Requirements:
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline such as Clinical Psychology, Counseling, Clinical Social Work, etc.
- ABA coursework and / or BCBA preferred.
- Experience working with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders required.
- BSC License through the Board of Medicine OR LSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT
- PA Child Abuse (Act 151) Clearance (Current within 1 year)
- PA Criminal (Act 34) Clearance (Current within 1 year)
- PA Department of Education Federal Criminal History Report (FBI) – NOT Dept. of Public Welfare FBI. (Current within 1 year)
- TB screening (Current within 1 year)
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Sexual Misconduct/ Abuse Disclosure Release (Act 168) completed for each employer where the candidate worked with children to be completed and brought to requested interview)
Pay for BSC independent contract work is $40.50 per hour BSC license and $60.00 per hour for BCBA certification.
Please apply today for immediate consideration!
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to ApplyFor immediate consideration, please contact Kerri White @ firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ccres.org to view additional openings and fill out an online application.