Awning Fabrication and Installation Technician
Awning Fabrication/ Installation Technician – Fulltime Career
Professional Awning Company specializing in commercial and residential awning manufacturing and installation seeks self-motivated career minded individual.
Under the supervision of the project manager this position is responsible to assist in all fabrication, assembly and installations of awnings as assigned. Knowledge of general construction skills is required. Candidate must be detail oriented, well-mannered and willing to take on new roles/responsibilities as opportunities arise.
- Manufacturing of fabric awning covers and other fabric covers by use of industrial sewing machines, cutter, grommet machines and fabric heat sealers.
- Seasonal awning service: Spring and Fall to install or remove fabric awning covers at clients properties throughout service area
- Job requires overtime and Saturday work during the months of April, May, June and October
- Other projects as needed or assigned by project manager
- Must be quality driven, possess good communication skills and be a team player
- Sewing/Construction/Mechanical trade experience is preferred but not necessary
- Must be able to eventually work without supervision
- Must adhere to all safety regulations
- Primarily working indoors; but due to the industry seasonality must be able and willing to work outside year-around in inclement weather, climbing, lifting, carrying, walking and driving of a company vehicle
- Requires occasional heavy lifting, up to 80lbs.
- Use of power/ manual tools and equipment
- Must be able to climb ladders and perform job duties at various heights above ground up to 25′. (Most work is at 7’ stepladder height)
- Must have valid PA driver’s license
- Must report to work as scheduled and in a timely manner
- Must successfully pass a D.O.T. physical exam/ drug screen
Wages & Benefits
- Starting at $14.00 – $18.00 per hour or more depending on experience and motivation
- Excellent Insurance Package with HSA
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Small Family oriented company with opportunities for growth
How to ApplyEmail resume to email@example.com and/or stop by company office to fill out an application