Associate Pastor of Youth Studies
Hedgesville, West Virginia, United States
Our church is nestled in a rural community and serves approximately 250 weekly attenders. We are searching for an Associate Pastor of Youth Studies. Our youth group averages approximately 20 students and has great potential for growth. Additionally, we would like the selected applicant to focus on our college group. We have newly renovated facilities and wide-ranging congregational support for our youth/college aged students.
Position: Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries
Position Purpose: The Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries is to provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of Central Chapel with a special emphasis on its younger attendees. The Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries will preach, teach and participate in the ministries of worship, administration, stewardship and outreach so that the congregation might fulfill its mission and purpose as the local body of Christ. He will oversee and coordinate a comprehensive youth ministry that seeks to assist parents in bringing up the next generation to be committed followers of Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities: Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the Pastor Elder Board (PEB), the following constitute the major responsibilities of the Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries:
1. To place special emphasis on leading and overseeing worship and training among the
2. To regularly preach and teach the Word of God.
3. To plan and lead worship as directed by the senior pastor of the church and in
conjunction with the various ministry leaders.
4. To officiate at special services such as weddings, funerals, nursing home services, etc.
The Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries:
1. Is under the oversight of the PEB and directly accountable to the Senior Pastor.
2. Will plan, delegate and constructively help others as necessary in carrying out youth
3. Will provide curriculum and other resources needed for sponsors and parents.
Arrange approval via the Christian Education Committee (CEC).
4. Should organize and lead meetings that are needed to properly execute the ministry.
5. Will attend staff and leadership meetings as required, including the PEB, CEC, M&E
(Missions and Evangelism) and all youth ministry orientated meetings.
6. Will provide the Senior Pastor with a weekly planning calendar.
1. Commit to regular prayer for the youth, parents and the church as a whole.
2. Practice and encourage prayer within the youth ministries and the church.
1. To implement ministries that reach out to the unchurched, inactive and new
residents of our community with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
2. Develop bridges into schools and the community.
3. Plan outreach events, missions’ trips, etc.
4. Provide training and context to live and share the Gospel.
5. Develop healthy relationships with youth and parents.
6. Give attention to personal mentoring and accountability.
V. Personal Qualifications
1. A born again believer that humbly exemplifies a Spirit-filled walk and a life of
integrity as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
2. Demonstrates a genuine love for the Lord and the church with a servant’s heart.
1. Fully support and perform all duties requested by the Senior Pastor and PEB.
2. Assist the Senior Pastor in providing pastoral care in conjunction with other staff,
boards, committees, and member care-givers through visitation, counseling, and
3. Support and assist the Senior Pastor and all staff who have the primary
responsibility in the ministries of education, youth, pastoral care, fellowship, health
and senior adults.
4. Focus Youth – co-ordinate, plan and follow through on all activities throughout the
5. Teach one Focus Sunday School class regularly.
6. Teach Focus on Wednesday nights.
7. Teach Children’s church on an occasional basis.
8. Sunday Evenings – coordinate with Senior Pastor.
9. Vacation Bible School – Active participant.
10. Missions Trips – plan as feasible.
11. Retreats – plan and conduct.
12. Outreach opportunity/servant evangelism – highly encouraged.
13. Adult leadership – recruit qualified individuals.
14. Participate in school activities of Central youth.
15. Provide written updates as required.
16. Counseling – be available to council youth and make appropriate referrals.
17. Continuing education is highly encouraged.
18. Finances – manage budget and provide receipts for expenses.
VII. Working Conditions
The position of Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries requires great flexibility in hours available for work, including evenings and weekends. The pastor should be in the office a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular communication with members of the church staff.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org