CHURCH OF THE OPEN DOOR
Administrative Assistant – Job Description
• An evident heart and love for God and the local church, and a desire to serve in a supportive way in the office and organization of the church ministry.
• Membership at Church of the Open Door (or willingness to become a member)
• Ministry gifts and abilities in organizing and completing tasks.
• Proficiency with office equipment – printer, computer, fax, – as well as computer skills and knowledge of software programs: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• A love for people and an ability to interact with a variety of personality types and to handle phone calls and guests, professionally and courteously.
• A clear understanding of the sensitivity of certain conversations, correspondence, and interactions that take place in a church office and the need for confidentiality.
Reports to: Campus Pastor
Anticipated Work Time: Full Time
To assist the Campus Pastor and staff in carrying out the mission of the church by providing administrative support, managing the campus-specific database, assisting with church publications/events, greeting guests, answering telephones, and additional responsibilities as required.
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Handle administrative tasks for the Campus Pastor as needed and assigned.
2. Coordinate and assist appointments for Campus Pastor and team.
3. Be the liaison for the Campus Pastor with all the Ministry Champions/Directors.
4. Respond to and track the core volunteers.
5. Keep campus-specific information flowing to the central office and with other campus offices.
6. Maintain the campus-specific calendar (or work with campus-specific Scheduling Coordinator).
7. Maintain campus-specific people, groups, schedules, forms, processes, etc. in myCOD.
8. Assist Campus Pastor in communicating needed promotions in conjunction with the Communications Director.
9. Assist Campus Pastor in coordinating Small Groups in conjunction with the Next Steps Director.
10. Assist Campus Pastor in the administration of the Next Steps process in conjunction with the Next Steps Director.
11. Assist Campus Pastor with initial communication to guests of the church.
12. Coordinate and ensure that offices are supplied with necessary office supplies.
13. Learn office policies and procedures, including the COD Brand, and Communication procedures, and handle tasks accordingly.
14. On an as-needed basis, be available at the church during regular business hours to serve and assist people in our congregation and our community in whatever way necessary, or to help direct them to a source of assistance, whether in our church ministry or our larger community.
15. Answer phone calls.
16. Other duties as assigned.
How to ApplyPlease submit a cover letter and resume to: Church of the Open Door 8 Carlisle Court York, PA 17408 or email to: email@example.com Attn: or Subj: Administrative Assistant Position